A bean salad is a nutritious and delicious dish that can be enjoyed as a side or a main course. This recipe combines five different types of beans with the tangy flavor of balsamic vinegar, resulting in a refreshing and satisfying salad.
Table of Contents
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all the beans together.
- Add the red onion and parsley to the bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the bean mixture and toss gently to combine.
- Let the salad marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
Bean Salad Shelf Life: How Long Does It Last in the Fridge?
A properly stored bean salad can last in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Make sure to keep it in an airtight container to maintain freshness.
Discover the Caloric Content of a 5 Bean Salad – A Healthy Delight!
A 5 bean salad is not only delicious but also a healthy option. The caloric content can vary depending on the serving size and ingredients used. As a rough estimate, a 1-cup serving of this bean salad contains approximately 250-300 calories.
Discover the Carb Content of a 5 Bean Salad
A 5 bean salad is a great source of fiber and carbohydrates. The carb content can vary based on the types of beans used. On average, a 1-cup serving of this salad contains around 40-50 grams of carbohydrates.
Discover the 5 Bean Mix: Unveiling the Perfect Blend of Beans
The 5 bean mix in this recipe includes chickpeas, kidney beans, black beans, cannellini beans, and pinto beans. This combination provides a diverse range of flavors, textures, and nutrients, making the salad both filling and nutritious.