Table of Contents
Apple Cake Recipe with Caramel Sauce: A Perfect Treat!
Indulge in the heavenly flavors of this delicious apple cake recipe with a heavenly caramel sauce. This cake is the perfect treat for any occasion, whether it’s a special celebration or simply a sweet craving. Follow the easy step-by-step guide below to create this mouthwatering dessert!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups peeled and thinly sliced apples
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the sliced apples until evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the caramel sauce by heating 1 cup of granulated sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until melted and amber in color. Caution: Be careful while handling hot caramel.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, invert the cake onto a serving plate.
- Poke holes in the cake with a skewer and pour the warm caramel sauce over the top, allowing it to soak into the cake.
- Serve the apple cake warm or at room temperature. Optional: Garnish with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Doubts about the article:
In the article titled “Apple Upside Down Cake Recipe: Easy Step-by-Step Guide”, the doubts may arise regarding the specific differences between the two apple cake recipes mentioned. It could be helpful to clarify whether the apple cake recipe provided in the article includes the caramel sauce or if it is a separate recipe. Additionally, it would be beneficial to outline any variations or modifications in the upside-down cake recipe compared to the one described in this article.