Table of Contents
- Asian Smashed Cucumber Salad Recipe for a Refreshing Treat
Asian Smashed Cucumber Salad Recipe for a Refreshing Treat
Looking for a refreshing and flavorful salad to add to your meal? This Asian Smashed Cucumber Salad is the perfect choice! Packed with vibrant flavors and a delightful crunch, this salad is a treat for your taste buds. Whether you’re planning a casual lunch or a fancy dinner, this recipe is sure to impress.
- 2 English cucumbers, washed and dried
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of chili flakes
- A pinch of salt
- A handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Step 1: Place the cucumbers on a cutting board and gently smash them using a rolling pin or a heavy object. This helps to release their juices and create a unique texture.
- Step 2: Cut the smashed cucumbers into bite-sized pieces and transfer them to a mixing bowl.
- Step 3: In a separate bowl, combine minced garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, chili flakes, and a pinch of salt. Mix well to create the dressing.
- Step 4: Pour the dressing over the smashed cucumbers and toss gently to coat them evenly.
- Step 5: Let the salad marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Step 6: Before serving, sprinkle the chopped cilantro over the salad for an added burst of freshness.
- Step 7: Enjoy this delicious Asian Smashed Cucumber Salad as a refreshing side dish or a light meal on its own.
Chinese Garlic Cucumber Salad Recipe: Easy & Delicious
If you’re a fan of garlic, you’ll love this Chinese Garlic Cucumber Salad recipe! By adding minced garlic to the dressing, you’ll infuse the cucumbers with a bold and irresistible flavor.
The Surprising Reason Why People Smash Cucumbers: Unveiling the Truth
Have you ever wondered why smashing cucumbers is a common practice in Asian cuisine? Discover the surprising reason behind this technique and how it enhances the texture and taste of the salad.
Preventing Soggy Cucumber Salad: Essential Tips for Freshness
One challenge when making cucumber salad is preventing it from becoming soggy. Learn some essential tips to ensure your salad stays fresh, crisp, and flavorful.
Understanding Chinese Cucumbers: Unveiling Their Origins and Uses
Chinese cucumbers are unique in their taste and texture. Delve into the origins of these cucumbers and explore the various ways they are used in Chinese cuisine.