Table of Contents
- Authentic Australian Bajan Hot Sauce Recipe | Spicy and Flavorful
- Discover Barbados’ Top Hot Sauce: Unveiling the Island’s Most Popular Choice
Authentic Australian Bajan Hot Sauce Recipe | Spicy and Flavorful
Welcome to this authentic Australian Bajan hot sauce recipe! If you’re a fan of spicy and flavorful condiments, you’re in for a treat. This homemade hot sauce is packed with the fiery flavors of Barbados, guaranteed to add a kick to your dishes. Get ready to embark on a culinary adventure!
- 10 fresh Bajan peppers
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white vinegar
- Prepare the ingredients: Remove the stems from the Bajan peppers and roughly chop them. Peel and mince the garlic cloves. Finely chop the onion.
- Sauté the aromatics: Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the minced garlic, chopped onion, mustard seeds, turmeric, and cumin. Sauté until the onions are translucent and the spices are fragrant.
- Add the peppers: Carefully add the chopped Bajan peppers to the saucepan. Stir well to combine them with the aromatics.
- Cook the mixture: Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend the sauce: Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool slightly. Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add vinegar and salt: Return the sauce to the saucepan and stir in the white vinegar and salt. Cook over low heat for an additional 5 minutes.
- Store and enjoy: Let the hot sauce cool completely before transferring it to sterilized jars. Seal the jars and store them in the refrigerator. The hot sauce will keep for up to 6 months.
Discover Barbados’ Top Hot Sauce: Unveiling the Island’s Most Popular Choice
Barbados is renowned for its exceptional hot sauces, and this authentic Bajan hot sauce recipe captures the essence of the island’s flavors. Made with fresh Bajan peppers, garlic, and a blend of spices, this hot sauce is a staple in Barbadian cuisine.
Discover Aunty May’s Bajan Sauce: A Flavorful Delight
Aunty May’s Bajan sauce is a local favorite, known for its bold and vibrant flavors. This homemade hot sauce recipe pays homage to Aunty May’s culinary expertise, ensuring each bite is a delightful explosion of taste.
Discover the Ultimate Pepper for Hot Sauce: Unleash Unforgettable Flavors!
The Bajan pepper, also known as the Barbados pepper, is the star ingredient in this hot sauce recipe. Its fiery heat and unique flavor profile make it the ultimate choice for creating unforgettable hot sauces.
Discover the Shelf Life of Bajan Pepper Sauce: All You Need to Know
Properly stored in sterilized jars and refrigerated, this Bajan hot sauce can last up to 6 months. However, with its irresistible taste, it’s unlikely to stay in your pantry for too long before being devoured!