Table of Contents
Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe: with Sauce
Looking for a mouthwatering dish that will impress your guests? This baked chicken cordon bleu recipe is a perfect choice. With its crispy exterior, tender chicken, and gooey cheese filling, it’s a true crowd-pleaser. And the best part? It comes with a delectable cordon bleu sauce that takes it to the next level. Get ready to indulge in a culinary masterpiece!
Cordon Bleu Sauce: Ingredients and Recipe Explained
The cordon bleu sauce is the perfect accompaniment to elevate the flavors of your baked chicken cordon bleu. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
To make the cordon bleu sauce:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Gradually pour in the milk and chicken broth, whisking constantly.
- Add the Dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
Preventing Cheese Leakage: Expert Tips for Chicken Cordon Bleu
One common issue when making chicken cordon bleu is the cheese leaking out during baking. Follow these expert tips to prevent this:
- Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness to ensure even cooking and minimize leakage.
- Wrap the chicken tightly around the ham and cheese filling, securing it with toothpicks to keep everything in place.
- Chill the prepared chicken in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before baking to help set the filling.
Pairings: Discover What Goes Well with Cordon Bleu
Wondering what to serve alongside your baked chicken cordon bleu? Here are some delicious pairings:
- Garlic mashed potatoes
- Steamed asparagus
- Roasted vegetables
- Buttered baby carrots
- Crusty French bread
Ultimate Guide: Making Chicken Taste | Expert Tips
When it comes to making chicken taste absolutely delicious, here are some expert tips to keep in mind:
- Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes to infuse it with flavor and keep it juicy.
- Season generously with salt, pepper, and your favorite herbs and spices.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is cooked through but still moist.
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving to allow the juices to redistribute.