Looking for a mouthwatering twist on the classic BBQ chicken dish? Try this delicious BBQ chicken sub recipe that will satisfy your taste buds and leave you craving for more. This recipe combines tender and juicy BBQ chicken with fresh ingredients, creating a flavorful and satisfying sandwich that is perfect for any occasion.
Table of Contents
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 4 sub rolls
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken breasts for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Brush the BBQ sauce onto the chicken breasts during the last few minutes of grilling, making sure to coat both sides.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast the sub rolls on the grill.
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips.
- Spread a generous amount of BBQ sauce onto each sub roll.
- Layer the sliced chicken, red onion, lettuce, and cheddar cheese onto the sub rolls.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Pairings: Perfect Sides for BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
Looking for the perfect sides to accompany your BBQ chicken sub? Try these delicious options:
- Coleslaw: The creamy and tangy flavors of coleslaw complement the smoky flavors of the BBQ chicken.
- Corn on the cob: Grilled corn on the cob adds a sweet and crunchy element to your meal.
- Garlic Parmesan fries: Indulge in crispy fries seasoned with garlic and Parmesan for a satisfying side dish.
- Macaroni salad: Creamy macaroni salad with a hint of tanginess pairs perfectly with BBQ chicken.
BBQ Chicken Recipes: Perfect Vegetable Pairings
If you’re looking to add some vegetables to your BBQ chicken sub, here are some delicious options:
- Grilled vegetables: Brush some olive oil on a variety of vegetables like zucchini, bell peppers, and mushrooms, then grill until tender and serve alongside your BBQ chicken sub.
- Avocado and tomato salad: Fresh avocado and ripe tomatoes make a refreshing and healthy side to balance out the richness of the BBQ chicken.
- Corn and black bean salsa: The combination of sweet corn, black beans, and tangy lime juice creates a flavorful salsa that complements the BBQ chicken.
- Roasted sweet potatoes: Toss sweet potato wedges in olive oil, salt, and pepper, then roast until crispy and serve as a tasty and nutritious side dish.
Easy Guide: Adding BBQ Sauce to Chicken for Results
Adding BBQ sauce to chicken can take your dish to the next level. Follow these easy steps for delicious results:
- Choose the right BBQ sauce: Experiment with different flavors and find a BBQ sauce that suits your taste preferences.
- Marinate the chicken: For maximum flavor, marinate the chicken in BBQ sauce for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- Baste the chicken: Brush BBQ sauce onto the chicken during the last few minutes of grilling, allowing the sauce to caramelize and enhance the flavor.
- Let it rest: After grilling, let the chicken rest for a few minutes to allow the juices to redistribute, resulting in a more tender and juicy chicken.
What sides go with baked BBQ chicken?
If you prefer baked BBQ chicken, here are some delicious sides to serve alongside:
- Baked beans: The classic combination of baked beans and BBQ chicken is always a winner.
- Roasted vegetables: Roast a medley of vegetables like carrots, Brussels sprouts, and potatoes for a hearty and flavorful side dish.
- Grilled cornbread: Serve warm and fluffy cornbread with your baked BBQ chicken for a Southern-inspired meal.
- Green salad: A crisp green salad with a light vinaigrette provides a refreshing contrast to the rich flavors of the BBQ chicken.