Beetroot, Pumpkin and Pecan Salad
- 250 grams Fresh spinach leaves
- 250 grams Fresh rocket leaves
- 3 medium size beetroots (roasted, skinned and diced) You can use tinned, but freshly roasted beetroot is amazing!
- 200 grams jap pumpkin (diced and roasted)
- 150 grams smooth feta cheese goats cheese is also a great choice
- 100 grams pecans Try our Citrus Maple Roasted Pecan recipe to add some extra flavour
- Preheat oven to 180°. Wrap your beetroots in foil with the skin on and cook for 1 hour.
- Cube your pumpkin into 3cm chunks. Throw in a bowl, mix in some Extra Virgin Olive oil and salt and pepper to taste, stir thoroughly and then spread across a roasting tray covered with baking paper. Cook for 20-30 minutes, or until you see some nice browning.
- After an hour, pull your beetroots out of the oven and unwrap them. They are very easy to skin while still hot, so hold a beetroot with a pair of tongs and with a teaspoon, gently pry under the skin with the inner side of the spoon facing the beetroot. Gently slide the spoon around the surface of the beetroot to peel. Easy as that!
- Wash your spinach and rocket leaves and dump them in the dish you'll be serving in.
- Cut or crumble your feta over the greens.
- Once the roasted ingredients have cooled throw it all in the bowl.
- Finish with the pecans on top! (seriously, consider some of the Maple Roasted Pecans from our shop, or the citrus maple roasted pecan recipe on our recipes page!)