Indulge in the delightful flavors of this crispy calamari salad recipe. This seafood delight is the perfect combination of crispy calamari, fresh vegetables, and tangy dressing. It’s a dish that will satisfy your cravings for both seafood and salad.
Table of Contents
- 500g fresh calamari, cleaned and sliced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, paprika, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Toss the calamari in the flour mixture until evenly coated.
- In a deep fryer or large pot, heat oil to 180°C (350°F).
- Carefully drop the calamari into the hot oil and fry for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the calamari from the oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the mixed salad greens, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and chopped parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, white wine vinegar, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Arrange the crispy calamari on top of the salad.
- Serve immediately and enjoy this delicious seafood delight!
Looking to add a tangy twist to your crispy calamari salad? Try these variations:
1. Delightful Crispy Calamari Recipe: Easy Seafood Salad
For an easy twist on this recipe, skip the deep frying step and instead, bake the calamari in the oven. Simply coat the calamari in the flour mixture and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 200°C (400°F) for about 10-12 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
2. Crispy Calamari Salad: A Simple and Seafood Delight
If you prefer a simpler version of this salad, you can omit the mixed salad greens and toss the crispy calamari with just the cherry tomatoes, red onion, and chopped parsley. This variation allows the flavors of the calamari to shine through.
3. Pickled Calamari Salad Recipe: A Tangy Twist on Seafood Delights
If you’re a fan of pickled flavors, try adding pickled calamari to your salad. Simply marinate the calamari in a mixture of vinegar, sugar, salt, and spices for a few hours before adding it to the salad. This tangy twist will take your crispy calamari salad to the next level.