Table of Contents
Chicken Salad Finger Sandwich Recipe | Easy and Quick
If you’re looking for a tasty and satisfying bite, these delicious chicken salad finger sandwiches are the perfect choice. Packed with flavors and easy to make, they are a great option for a quick lunch or a light dinner. Follow this recipe to master the art of crafting flawless finger sandwiches.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 slices of bread
- Butter, for spreading
- In a bowl, combine the shredded chicken, mayonnaise, celery, red onion, parsley, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Spread butter on one side of each bread slice.
- Divide the chicken salad mixture evenly among six bread slices, spreading it on the unbuttered side.
- Top each chicken salad-covered bread slice with another slice of bread, buttered side facing out.
- Cut the crusts off the sandwiches and then cut each sandwich into three small rectangles, creating finger-sized sandwiches.
- Arrange the finger sandwiches on a serving platter and garnish with additional parsley if desired.
Enhance Your Chicken Salad with these Flavorful Tips
1. Add some crunch: Consider adding chopped almonds or walnuts to your chicken salad for an extra texture and flavor dimension.
2. Sweeten it up: For a touch of sweetness, mix in some dried cranberries or chopped apples.
3. Spice it up: Experiment with different spices like curry powder or paprika to give your chicken salad a unique and spicy twist.
Prevent Soggy Chicken Salad Sandwiches with Expert Tips
1. Drain excess moisture: Make sure to drain the chicken salad mixture well to avoid soggy sandwiches. Excess moisture can make the bread lose its crispness.
2. Toast the bread: Toasting the bread slices before assembling the sandwiches can create a barrier and help prevent sogginess.
3. Assemble just before serving: To keep the sandwiches fresh, assemble them right before serving. This way, the bread will maintain its texture.
Perfect Timing: When to Make Finger Sandwiches in Advance
1. Prepare in advance: You can prepare the chicken salad mixture in advance and store it in the refrigerator. Assemble the sandwiches right before serving to maintain the freshness.
2. Keep them fresh: If you need to make the sandwiches ahead of time, place a damp paper towel over them and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This will help prevent them from drying out.
With this delicious and easy chicken salad finger sandwich recipe, you’ll master the art of creating a flavorful and satisfying meal. Enjoy these finger sandwiches for a quick lunch, a picnic, or any gathering!