Are you looking for a delicious and flavorful recipe for grilled chicken thighs? Look no further! This BBQ chicken thigh fillets recipe is a must-try for any barbecue enthusiast. The juicy and tender chicken thighs, combined with the smoky and tangy flavors of the BBQ sauce, will leave you craving for more. Follow this step-by-step guide to create a mouthwatering grilled chicken dish that will impress your guests.
Table of Contents
- Ultimate BBQ Sauce for Grilled Chicken: A Must-Try Recipe!
- Pre-cooking Chicken Thighs: A Crucial Step before Grilling
- Moist Grilled Chicken Thighs: Expert Tips to Prevent Dryness
- Grilling Chicken Thighs: Time Required and Best Techniques
Ultimate BBQ Sauce for Grilled Chicken: A Must-Try Recipe!
Before we get into the grilling process, let’s start with the star of the show – the ultimate BBQ sauce. This tangy and sweet sauce will elevate the flavors of your chicken thighs to a whole new level.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Set aside half of the sauce for basting the chicken during grilling, and save the remaining half for serving.
Pre-cooking Chicken Thighs: A Crucial Step before Grilling
Pre-cooking the chicken thighs before grilling is a crucial step to ensure they are cooked thoroughly and evenly.
- 8 chicken thigh fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the chicken thigh fillets on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Drizzle olive oil over the chicken and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Toss the chicken to coat evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before grilling.
Moist Grilled Chicken Thighs: Expert Tips to Prevent Dryness
Grilling chicken thighs can sometimes result in dry meat. Follow these expert tips to ensure your grilled chicken thighs are moist and juicy.
- Marinate the chicken: Let the chicken thighs marinate in the BBQ sauce for at least 30 minutes before grilling to enhance the flavors and keep the meat moist.
- Use indirect heat: Set up your grill for indirect grilling by placing the coals on one side and the chicken on the other. This will prevent direct heat from drying out the meat.
- Baste frequently: During grilling, baste the chicken thighs with the reserved BBQ sauce every few minutes to add moisture and flavor.
- Monitor the temperature: Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) for safe consumption without overcooking.
Grilling Chicken Thighs: Time Required and Best Techniques
Grilling chicken thighs requires the right timing and techniques to achieve perfect results.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush the grill grates with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Place the pre-cooked chicken thighs on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until grill marks appear.
- Baste the chicken thighs with the reserved BBQ sauce every few minutes during grilling.
- Continue grilling until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) and the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
Now you’re ready to enjoy your delicious BBQ chicken thigh fillets! Serve them with the remaining BBQ sauce and your favorite side dishes for a complete and satisfying meal. Happy grilling!