Table of Contents
- Spicy Chili Sauce Meatball Recipe: A Flavorful Delight!
- Enhance Ready Made Meatballs: Top Tips to Add Flavor
- The Origins of ‘That’s a Spicy Meatball’: Unraveling its Culinary History
- Delicious Meatball Side Dishes: Discover the Perfect Pairings!
- Ultimate Guide: Quick Tips to Thicken BBQ Meatballs
Spicy Chili Sauce Meatball Recipe: A Flavorful Delight!
If you’re in the mood for a delectable dish that packs a punch, look no further than this Spicy Chili Sauce Meatball Recipe. These meatballs are bursting with flavor and are sure to be a hit at your next gathering. Whether you’re hosting a party or simply want to treat yourself to a delicious meal, these spicy meatballs are a must-try!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup spicy chili sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, parsley, Parmesan cheese, milk, egg, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Mix well until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Shape the mixture into small meatballs, about 1 inch in diameter.
- In a separate saucepan, combine the spicy chili sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and cayenne pepper. Heat the sauce over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved and the sauce is heated through.
- Add the meatballs to the saucepan and gently stir to coat them with the spicy chili sauce.
- Cover the saucepan and let the meatballs simmer in the sauce for about 20 minutes, or until they are cooked through.
- Serve the spicy chili sauce meatballs hot as an appetizer or as a main dish. They pair perfectly with steamed rice or crusty bread.
Enhance Ready Made Meatballs: Top Tips to Add Flavor
If you’re using ready-made meatballs for this recipe, here are some tips to enhance their flavor:
- Marinade: Let the meatballs marinate in the spicy chili sauce for at least 30 minutes before simmering them. This will infuse them with extra flavor.
- Sauté: Brown the ready-made meatballs in a skillet before adding them to the sauce. This will add a delicious caramelized flavor to the dish.
- Spices: Add extra spices, such as garlic powder or paprika, to the sauce for an extra kick.
The Origins of ‘That’s a Spicy Meatball’: Unraveling its Culinary History
The famous phrase “That’s a spicy meatball” has its origins in a classic Alka-Seltzer commercial from the 1960s. The commercial featured an Italian chef taste-testing his own creation and exclaiming the now-iconic line. Since then, the phrase has become a popular expression for something that is unexpectedly hot or spicy.
Delicious Meatball Side Dishes: Discover the Perfect Pairings!
When serving these spicy chili sauce meatballs, consider pairing them with these delicious side dishes:
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes: The creamy texture of mashed potatoes complements the spiciness of the meatballs.
- Roasted Vegetables: Roast a medley of colorful vegetables, such as bell peppers, zucchini, and carrots, for a healthy and flavorful side.
- Crusty Bread: Serve the meatballs with crusty bread for dipping into the spicy chili sauce.
Ultimate Guide: Quick Tips to Thicken BBQ Meatballs
If you prefer a thicker sauce for your meatballs, here are some quick tips:
- Cornstarch Slurry: Mix cornstarch with water to create a slurry, then add it to the sauce and simmer until thickened.
- Reduce the Sauce: Simmer the sauce for a longer period to evaporate excess liquid and concentrate the flavors.
- Add Tomato Paste: Stir in a tablespoon or two of tomato paste to thicken the sauce.