If you’re looking for a delicious and versatile sauce that adds a tangy and spicy kick to any dish, then this Chilli Mango Sauce is a must-try! Made with fresh mangoes and a blend of spices, this homemade sauce is perfect for dipping, marinating, or drizzling over your favorite dishes.
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Juice of 1 lime
- In a saucepan, heat some oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions and minced garlic to the saucepan. Sauté until the onions become translucent.
- Add the chopped red chillies and cook for another minute.
- Add the diced mangoes and stir well to combine with the onions, garlic, and chillies.
- Add the white vinegar, brown sugar, salt, cayenne pepper, ground cumin, paprika, ground ginger, and ground turmeric to the saucepan. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the mangoes are soft and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the sauce cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer the sauce to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the lime juice and adjust the seasoning according to your taste.
- Pour the sauce into a sterilized jar and let it cool completely before storing it in the refrigerator.