Table of Contents
Authentic Australian Chilli Plum Sauce Recipe | & Easy
Welcome to our authentic Australian Chilli Plum Sauce recipe! This delightful sauce combines the perfect balance of sweet and spicy flavors, making it a versatile condiment for any dish. Whether you’re looking to add a kick to your stir-fries, marinate your meats, or simply dip your favorite snacks, this recipe is guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds.
- 1 kg plums, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 red chili peppers, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the plums, red chili peppers, garlic, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt, and black pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the mixture cool slightly.
- Using a blender or food processor, puree the mixture until smooth.
- Return the sauce to the saucepan and simmer for an additional 10 minutes to thicken.
- Allow the sauce to cool completely before transferring it to sterilized jars.
- Store the sauce in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Plum Sauce: What is its Name in the US?
Plum sauce, also known as duck sauce, is a popular condiment in the United States. It is commonly served with Chinese dishes and is made from plums, sugar, vinegar, and various spices. While its name may vary, the delicious flavor and versatility of plum sauce remain the same.
Master the Art of Making Gordon Ramsay’s Chilli Sauce
Gordon Ramsay’s chilli sauce is renowned for its bold and fiery flavor. To master the art of making his signature sauce, start with high-quality ingredients such as fresh chili peppers, garlic, vinegar, and a touch of sweetness. Experiment with different chili varieties and adjust the spice level to suit your preference. With practice and a little heat, you’ll soon be creating a chili sauce that rivals the famous chef himself.
Why is my plum sauce bitter? Discover the secret to perfecting its taste!
If your plum sauce tastes bitter, it could be due to a few reasons. Firstly, ensure that you are using ripe and sweet plums. Green or unripe plums can result in a bitter flavor. Additionally, be cautious with the amount of sugar you add. Too much sugar can create a cloying sweetness that masks the natural flavors of the plums. Finally, make sure to balance the flavors with acidity from vinegar or citrus juice. By carefully selecting your ingredients and finding the right balance, you can perfect the taste of your plum sauce.
Plum Sauce: Discover the Secrets of its Ingredients!
The key to a delicious plum sauce lies in its ingredients. The combination of plums, chili peppers, garlic, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt, and black pepper creates a harmonious blend of flavors. The plums provide the sweetness, while the chili peppers and ginger add a spicy kick. Garlic and vinegar contribute depth and tanginess, while soy sauce enhances the umami taste. The salt and black pepper help to balance and round out the overall flavor profile. By understanding the secrets behind each ingredient, you can truly appreciate the deliciousness of plum sauce.