Table of Contents
Chinese Chicken Sauce Recipe: Ingredients and Preparation
Are you craving a mouthwatering and authentic Chinese ginger chicken sauce recipe? Look no further! This simple and delicious recipe will satisfy your taste buds and leave you wanting more. The combination of ginger, soy sauce, and other flavorful ingredients creates a sauce that perfectly complements tender chicken.
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon of water
- Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Green onions, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Step 1: Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Step 2: Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Step 3: Add the minced garlic and grated ginger to the skillet and sauté for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Step 4: Add the chicken pieces to the skillet and cook until they are browned on all sides.
- Step 5: In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, and water.
- Step 6: Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken in the skillet and stir to coat the chicken evenly.
- Step 7: Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Step 8: Stir in the dissolved cornstarch mixture and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until the sauce has further thickened.
- Step 9: Remove from heat and garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onions, if desired.
- Step 10: Serve hot with steamed rice or noodles.
Chinese Chicken Soaking: Traditional Secrets Revealed!
Soaking the chicken in a marinade is a traditional Chinese method that infuses the meat with flavor and tenderizes it. In this ginger chicken recipe, the soy sauce, ginger, and other ingredients in the sauce act as a marinade. By allowing the chicken to soak in the sauce before cooking, it absorbs all the delicious flavors, resulting in a more flavorful and succulent dish.
The Secret to Moist Chinese Chicken: Unraveling the Mystery
The secret to achieving moist Chinese chicken lies in the cooking process. By browning the chicken pieces before adding the sauce, you seal in the juices and create a flavorful crust. Simmering the chicken in the sauce allows it to cook gently and retain its moisture. Adding the dissolved cornstarch mixture towards the end thickens the sauce, coating the chicken and keeping it moist and tender.
What’s in Ginger Chicken? Discover the Ingredients and Recipe
Ginger chicken typically contains boneless, skinless chicken breasts, garlic, fresh ginger, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, water, and cornstarch. The combination of these ingredients creates a flavorful and aromatic dish that is loved by many. Follow the recipe above to create your own authentic Chinese ginger chicken sauce!