Table of Contents
Chopped Broccoli Salad Recipe for a Healthy Meal
Looking for a nutritious and tasty dish? Try this delicious chopped broccoli salad recipe. Packed with vitamins and minerals, this salad is not only healthy but also incredibly satisfying. Whether you’re looking for a side dish or a light meal, this recipe is sure to please your taste buds.
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped broccoli, red onion, bell pepper, raisins, sunflower seeds, and feta cheese.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and toss until well coated.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Before serving, give the salad a final toss and adjust the seasoning if needed.
Discover the Low-Calorie Goodness of Broccoli Salad
Broccoli salad is not only delicious but also a low-calorie option for a healthy meal. Packed with fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants, broccoli is a nutrient powerhouse that can help support overall health. By combining it with other fresh ingredients, you can create a satisfying and nutritious dish without compromising on flavor.
Pairings: Discover What Goes Well with Broccoli
Broccoli salad pairs well with a variety of dishes. Serve it as a side dish alongside grilled chicken or fish for a complete and balanced meal. You can also enjoy it as a light lunch or dinner by adding some grilled tofu or chickpeas for an extra protein boost. Experiment with different flavors and textures to find your perfect combination.
Amish Broccoli Salad: A Healthy and Tasty Side Dish
Amish broccoli salad is a popular variation of this dish. It typically includes ingredients like bacon, cheese, and a creamy dressing. While it adds a rich and indulgent twist to the classic recipe, keep in mind that these additions may increase the calorie and fat content. For a healthier option, stick to the basic recipe mentioned above.
How Long Does Raw Broccoli Salad Last? Expert Tips
To keep your broccoli salad fresh and safe to consume, follow these expert tips:
- Store the salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Consume it within 2-3 days for the best quality and taste.
- Avoid adding the dressing until ready to serve to prevent the salad from becoming soggy.
- If the salad appears wilted or has an off smell, it’s best to discard it.