Citrus Glazed Pecans
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 tbsp your citrus juice we used mandarin
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 150°C
- In a small bowl, combine the pecans, citrus juice and maple syrup and stir vigorously. Make sure that the syrup and juice is combined and that the pecans have been coated nicely.
- Pour the pecans and syrup/juice mixture into a pan over low to medium heat and stir continuously for 5-10 minutes. It's very important that you don't let the pecans sit too long as they will burn very easily. You'll know they're ready when there is very little of the syrup/juice mixture and you can smell the amazing scent of toasted pecans.
- Place the pecans on a flat tray in a single layer on a layer of baking paper. Try and make sure that no pecans are touching. Bake for 10-15 minutes while keeping a close eye to make sure that you don't burn your pecans.
- Your pecans will be done when they have a nice, glossy dark brown glaze. Pull them out, let them cool and put them on/in whatever floats your boat!