Table of Contents
Cold Broccoli Salad Recipe: Fresh and Healthy Options
Looking for a refreshing and nutritious salad? Try this delicious cold broccoli salad recipe. Packed with fresh ingredients, this salad is not only tasty but also healthy. It’s perfect for a summer picnic or as a side dish for any meal. Let’s dive into the recipe and discover the wonderful flavors of this salad!
- 2 heads of fresh broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup of red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli florets, cherry tomatoes, red onion, raisins, and sunflower seeds.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and toss well to coat all the ingredients.
- Refrigerate the salad for at least one hour to allow the flavors to meld together and the salad to chill.
- Before serving, give the salad a final toss and adjust the seasoning if needed.
How Long Does Raw Broccoli Salad Stay Fresh? | Expert Tips
Raw broccoli salad can stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. It’s important to store it in an airtight container to maintain its freshness. However, keep in mind that the texture of the salad might change slightly after a day or two, but it will still be safe to eat.
Discover the Delectable Delights of Amish Broccoli Salad
If you’re looking to try a different twist on broccoli salad, consider making Amish broccoli salad. This variation typically includes ingredients like bacon, cheddar cheese, and a creamy dressing. It adds a rich and savory flavor to the salad, making it a crowd-pleaser at any gathering.
Discover the Low-Calorie Wonders of Broccoli Salad
Broccoli salad is not only delicious but also a healthy low-calorie option. It is packed with nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, and fiber. By using a light dressing and adding other vegetables, you can create a satisfying and nutritious salad without compromising on taste. It’s a great choice for those watching their calorie intake.
Discover the Benefits of Blanching Broccoli for Salad
Blanching broccoli before adding it to your salad can offer several benefits. Blanching helps to soften the broccoli slightly, making it easier to chew and digest. It also helps to preserve the vibrant green color of the broccoli, making your salad visually appealing. Additionally, blanching can help to remove any bitterness from the broccoli, making it more enjoyable to eat.