Looking for a quick and refreshing pasta salad recipe? This delicious cold fusilli pasta salad is the perfect dish for those hot summer days. Packed with fresh vegetables and tossed in a tangy dressing, it’s a crowd-pleaser that will leave everyone satisfied.
Table of Contents
- 1 pound fusilli pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumbers, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the fusilli pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, Kalamata olives, feta cheese, parsley, and basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Add the cooked fusilli pasta to the bowl and gently toss everything together until well combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld.
- Before serving, give the pasta salad a quick stir and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Enjoy this delicious cold fusilli pasta salad as a refreshing side dish or as a main course!
5 Pasta Salad Mistakes to Avoid for Perfect Results
- Overcooking the pasta: Make sure to cook the pasta al dente to prevent it from becoming mushy in the salad.
- Not rinsing the pasta: Rinsing the cooked pasta with cold water stops the cooking process and prevents it from sticking together.
- Skipping the dressing: The dressing adds flavor and helps bind all the ingredients together. Don’t skip this step!
- Forgetting to season: Pasta salads can be bland if not properly seasoned. Taste and adjust the seasoning before serving.
- Not allowing flavors to meld: Letting the salad sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour allows the flavors to develop and meld together.
Gordon Ramsay’s Pasta Salad Recipe: Expert Tips & Techniques
Gordon Ramsay suggests adding a splash of lemon juice to the dressing for an extra zing. He also recommends using a variety of colorful vegetables to make the salad visually appealing.
Preventing Dry Cold Pasta Salad: Expert Tips for Ultimate Moisture Retention
To prevent your cold pasta salad from drying out, make sure to toss it with the dressing while the pasta is still warm. This allows the pasta to absorb the flavors and retain moisture.
How to Fix Bland Pasta Salad: Expert Tips for Flavorful Results
If your pasta salad turns out bland, try adding a tablespoon of Dijon mustard to the dressing for a tangy kick. You can also experiment with different herbs and spices to enhance the flavor.