Are you looking for a refreshing and easy-to-make salad recipe? Look no further! This delicious cold green bean salad is the perfect dish to satisfy your taste buds. Packed with flavors and nutrients, this recipe is a great addition to any meal or can be enjoyed on its own. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1: Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook for 3-4 minutes, until crisp-tender. Drain and transfer the beans to an ice bath to cool. This helps to retain their vibrant green color and crunchiness.
- Step 2: In a large bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese, and parsley.
- Step 3: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Step 4: Once the green beans are cooled, drain them from the ice bath and pat dry with a paper towel. Add the beans to the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Step 5: Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat all the ingredients.
- Step 6: Refrigerate the salad for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Step 7: Serve the delicious cold green bean salad as a side dish or as a light lunch on a hot summer day. Enjoy!
Enhance Green Beans: Top Tips to Elevate their Flavour
Looking to enhance the flavor of your green beans? Try these expert tips:
- Blanch and shock: Follow the ice bath method mentioned in the recipe to retain the vibrant green color and crispness of the beans.
- Season generously: Don’t be afraid to add seasonings like garlic, lemon juice, and herbs to elevate the taste.
- Add a splash of vinegar: A drizzle of balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar can add a tangy twist to the beans.
Revitalize Fresh Green Beans: Expert Tips & Tricks
If you have fresh green beans and want to revitalize them, consider these tips:
- Trim the ends: Remove the stem ends of the beans before cooking to ensure even cooking and a better texture.
- Store properly: Keep the green beans in a plastic bag in the refrigerator to maintain their freshness for up to a week.
- Steam for a quick fix: If you’re short on time, steaming the green beans for a few minutes can bring them back to life.
Ultimate Guide: Ice Bath for Green Beans – Benefits, Tips & How-To
Using an ice bath for green beans offers several benefits:
- Preserves color: Plunging the cooked green beans into an ice bath helps retain their vibrant green color.
- Retains crispness: The rapid cooling process in an ice bath helps maintain the crunchiness of the beans.
- Easy to make: Simply fill a large bowl with ice and water. Once the beans are cooked, transfer them to the ice bath and let them sit for a few minutes.