Are you looking for a mouthwatering and easy recipe to enjoy during the summer grilling season? Look no further! This BBQ Chicken Coleslaw recipe is the perfect combination of smoky flavors and refreshing crunch, making it an ideal dish for your next outdoor gathering.
Table of Contents
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together BBQ sauce, olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides. Brush the BBQ sauce mixture onto the chicken, coating it evenly.
- Grill the chicken breasts for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes. Then, slice it into thin strips.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded cabbage and carrots.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, honey, celery seeds, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss until everything is well coated.
- Serve the BBQ chicken strips on top of the coleslaw and enjoy!
BBQ Sauce for Grilled Chicken: To Marinate or Not?
Marinating the chicken in BBQ sauce before grilling can infuse it with extra flavor. However, if you’re short on time, you can simply brush the sauce onto the chicken while grilling for a delicious result.
BBQ Chicken and Coleslaw Pairings: A Flavorful Guide
Pair your BBQ chicken coleslaw with some tasty side dishes such as corn on the cob, baked beans, or potato salad. These combinations will enhance the overall flavors of your meal.
Moist Barbecue Chicken: Tips for Juicy and Flavorful Results
To achieve moist and flavorful barbecue chicken, remember to not overcook it. Cook the chicken until it reaches the recommended internal temperature, and allow it to rest before slicing to retain its juiciness.
Best Cheese for BBQ Chicken Sandwich: A Guide
When making a BBQ chicken sandwich, consider using cheeses like cheddar, pepper jack, or smoked gouda to add an extra layer of richness and depth to your sandwich.