Table of Contents
Homemade Cooked Hot Sauce Recipe – A Spicy Culinary Delight
Are you ready to spice up your meals with a homemade hot sauce that will leave your taste buds begging for more? Look no further! This delicious homemade cooked hot sauce recipe is a spicy culinary delight that will add a fiery kick to any dish. Whether you’re a fan of Mexican cuisine or simply love the thrill of a spicy adventure, this hot sauce recipe is a must-try.
- 20 red chili peppers
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 cup of distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- Prepare the ingredients: Remove the stems from the chili peppers and roughly chop them. Peel and chop the garlic cloves. Dice the onion.
- Sauté the onions and garlic: Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the diced onion and garlic. Sauté until they turn translucent and fragrant.
- Add the chili peppers: Add the chopped chili peppers to the saucepan. Stir and cook for a few minutes until they soften.
- Simmer the sauce: Pour in the distilled white vinegar and water. Add salt and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for around 20 minutes. This will allow the flavors to meld together.
- Blend the sauce: Carefully transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and no large chunks remain.
- Strain and bottle: Strain the hot sauce through a fine-mesh sieve to remove any remaining solids. Pour the strained sauce into sterilized bottles or jars, and let it cool before sealing.
Now that you have your very own homemade hot sauce, it’s time to get creative in the kitchen! This versatile condiment can be drizzled over tacos, added to marinades, or used as a dipping sauce for crispy chicken wings. The possibilities are endless!