Table of Contents
Filipino BBQ Recipe with Pineapple Juice: A Flavorful Twist!
Looking to add a burst of flavor to your BBQ? Try this mouthwatering Filipino BBQ recipe with a tropical twist. The combination of tangy pineapple juice and savory marinade will leave your taste buds craving for more. Whether you’re hosting a backyard cookout or simply want to enjoy a delicious meal, this recipe is sure to impress.
- 2 pounds pork shoulder, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, ketchup, minced garlic, grated ginger, brown sugar, black pepper, and salt. Mix well to create the marinade.
- Place the sliced pork shoulder in a resealable plastic bag or a shallow dish.
- Pour the marinade over the pork, ensuring that each piece is well-coated. Seal the bag or cover the dish with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight, to allow the flavors to infuse into the meat.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the marinated pork from the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Thread the pork slices onto skewers, leaving a small space between each piece.
- Grill the skewers for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until the pork is cooked through and nicely charred.
- Remove from the grill and let the skewers rest for a few minutes before serving.
Now that you have mastered the art of this delicious Filipino BBQ recipe, it’s time to explore some perfect side dishes to complement your meal. From garlic fried rice to fresh mango salsa, these accompaniments will elevate your dining experience.
Perfect Side Dishes to Complement Your Meal:
- Garlic Fried Rice
- Fresh Mango Salsa
- Grilled Eggplant Salad
For the best results, choose the best pork cuts for grilling. Tenderloin, baby back ribs, and pork belly are all excellent choices that will take your BBQ to the next level.
Best Pork Cuts for Grilling:
- Pork Tenderloin
- Baby Back Ribs
- Pork Belly
When it comes to cutting pork shoulder, mastering the art is essential. Follow these simple steps to ensure your meat is sliced perfectly for your Filipino BBQ recipe.
Mastering the Art of Cutting Pork Shoulder:
- Remove any excess fat from the pork shoulder.
- Place the pork shoulder on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to slice it against the grain.
- Continue slicing until you have thin, uniform pieces of meat.
To add a tropical twist to your BBQ marinade, try using pineapple juice. Its natural sweetness and acidity will enhance the flavors of the meat, creating a truly flavorful grilling experience.
Tropical Twist: Pineapple Juice BBQ Marinade for Flavorful Grilling
With this delicious Filipino BBQ recipe, your taste buds are in for a treat. The combination of juicy pork, tangy pineapple juice, and savory marinade will transport you to the tropical flavors of the Philippines. Get ready to impress your guests and elevate your BBQ game!