Looking for a tasty and easy-to-make tomato pasta sauce recipe? Look no further! This delicious homemade tomato sauce will elevate your pasta dishes to a whole new level. Made with fresh tomatoes, herbs, and a few secret ingredients, this sauce is sure to impress.
Table of Contents
- Expert Tips for Better Taste:
- Gordon Ramsay’s Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 8-10 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1: Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, and sauté until they become translucent.
- Step 2: Add the diced tomatoes and sugar to the saucepan. Stir well and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft and the sauce has thickened.
- Step 3: Stir in the chopped basil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Step 4: Remove the sauce from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Step 5: Using a blender or immersion blender, blend the sauce until smooth and creamy.
- Step 6: Serve the sauce over your favorite pasta and enjoy!
Expert Tips for Better Taste:
- 1. Use ripe tomatoes: The key to a flavorful sauce is using ripe, juicy tomatoes. Look for tomatoes that are deep red and give slightly when pressed.
- 2. Add a splash of wine: For an extra depth of flavor, add a splash of red wine to the sauce while simmering.
- 3. Roast the tomatoes: For a richer flavor, roast the tomatoes in the oven before adding them to the saucepan. This will bring out their natural sweetness.
Boost the Flavor: 7 Tips to Make Tomato Sauce Taste Richer
1. Add some heat:
Spice up your tomato sauce by adding a pinch of red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce. This will give it a nice kick and add depth to the flavor.
2. Use quality olive oil:
Choose a good quality extra virgin olive oil for your sauce. The rich, fruity flavors of the oil will enhance the overall taste of the sauce.
3. Fresh herbs make a difference:
Instead of using dried herbs, opt for fresh ones like basil, oregano, or parsley. The vibrant flavors of fresh herbs will take your tomato sauce to another level.
4. Simmer for longer:
Let your tomato sauce simmer on low heat for a longer period. This will allow the flavors to meld together and result in a richer, more concentrated sauce.
5. Add a touch of sweetness:
A teaspoon of sugar or a drizzle of honey can help balance the acidity of the tomatoes and make the sauce taste sweeter and more well-rounded.
6. Grate some cheese:
Grate some Parmesan or pecorino cheese into your sauce while it simmers. The cheese will melt and add a creamy texture and savory flavor to the sauce.
7. Experiment with spices:
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different spices and seasonings. A pinch of cinnamon, a hint of cumin, or a touch of smoked paprika can add complexity and intrigue to your tomato sauce.
Gordon Ramsay’s Pasta Sauce Recipe
If you’re looking for the ultimate guide to making pasta sauce, look no further than Gordon Ramsay’s recipe. His sauce is packed with flavors and will take your pasta dishes to a whole new level. Follow his recipe for a truly unforgettable pasta experience.