Table of Contents
- Australian Fusilli Pasta Recipe with Tomato Sauce
- The Best Sauce for Fusilli Pasta: A Guide to Perfect Pairings
Australian Fusilli Pasta Recipe with Tomato Sauce
Are you ready to tantalize your taste buds with a mouthwatering Australian twist on a classic pasta dish? Look no further! This delicious fusilli pasta recipe with tomato sauce will take your culinary skills to the next level. Get your apron on and let’s get cooking!
- 500g fusilli pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 400g canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Cook the fusilli pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until they turn golden brown.
- Add the crushed tomatoes to the saucepan and stir well. Bring the sauce to a simmer.
- Sprinkle in the sugar, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and let the sauce simmer for about 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Add the cooked fusilli pasta to the sauce and toss until the pasta is well coated.
- Remove from heat and serve the delicious Australian fusilli pasta with a generous sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese on top.
The Best Sauce for Fusilli Pasta: A Guide to Perfect Pairings
When it comes to choosing the perfect sauce for your fusilli pasta, the options are endless. From traditional tomato-based sauces to creamy alternatives, here are some popular pairings to take your dish to the next level:
Boost Your Tomato Pasta Sauce: Top Additions for Enhanced Flavor
If you want to elevate the flavor of your tomato pasta sauce, consider adding these ingredients:
- Fresh basil: Add a handful of fresh basil leaves for a burst of herbaceousness.
- Red pepper flakes: Sprinkle in some red pepper flakes for a spicy kick.
- Balsamic vinegar: A splash of balsamic vinegar can add depth and complexity to the sauce.
What is the Name for Pasta and Tomato Sauce?
The combination of pasta and tomato sauce is commonly known as “spaghetti bolognese” or simply “pasta with tomato sauce.”
Unlock the Secret: Make Pasta Sauce Taste Like a Restaurant
If you want to recreate the flavors of a restaurant-style pasta sauce, try these tips:
- Cook the sauce low and slow: Simmer the sauce for a longer time to intensify the flavors.
- Add a splash of wine: A splash of red wine can add richness and complexity to the sauce.
- Use quality ingredients: Opt for high-quality canned tomatoes and fresh herbs to enhance the taste.