Garlic noodles are a classic dish that you can easily make at home. This recipe puts a twist on the traditional version by omitting oyster sauce, making it suitable for those who prefer a vegetarian or vegan option. These noodles are packed with flavor and can be served as a main course or as a side dish.
Table of Contents
- 8 ounces of spaghetti or noodles of your choice
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Chopped spring onions for garnish
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cooked noodles to the pan and toss well with the garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, and black pepper. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and toss until well coated.
- Continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the noodles are heated through.
- Remove from heat and garnish with chopped spring onions.
What’s in Oyster Sauce? Discover the Key Ingredients
Oyster sauce is a popular condiment in many Asian dishes. It is made from oysters, soy sauce, sugar, salt, and other seasonings. However, in this recipe, we have omitted oyster sauce and created an alternative sauce that still provides a delicious umami flavor.
Is Oyster Sauce Fishy? Unveiling the Truth about its Flavor
Yes, oyster sauce has a distinct fishy flavor due to the inclusion of oysters in its ingredients. However, by omitting oyster sauce in this recipe, you can enjoy the flavors of garlic and soy sauce without the fishy taste.
Is Oyster Sauce Sweet? Unraveling the Sweetness Mystery of this Popular Condiment
Oyster sauce does have a slight sweetness to it, thanks to the addition of sugar in its preparation. However, the alternative sauce used in this recipe also incorporates a small amount of sugar to balance the flavors, creating a hint of sweetness without the use of oyster sauce.
Discover the True Health Benefits of Chinese Noodles
Chinese noodles, like the ones used in this recipe, are a versatile and nutritious option. They are a good source of carbohydrates, protein, and dietary fiber. Additionally, they can be paired with various vegetables and proteins to create a well-rounded meal.