Table of Contents
- Authentic Australian Grandma’s Plum Sauce Recipe | Homemade & Delicious
Authentic Australian Grandma’s Plum Sauce Recipe | Homemade & Delicious
Looking for a taste of Australian culinary tradition? Look no further than this authentic Australian Grandma’s Plum Sauce recipe. Passed down through generations, this homemade sauce is bursting with flavor and will elevate any dish it accompanies. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a kitchen novice, this recipe is sure to impress.
Plum Sauce: Discover the American Name for this Tasty Condiment
Plum sauce, also known as duck sauce in the United States, is a sweet and tangy condiment that pairs perfectly with a variety of dishes. It is commonly served with spring rolls, roast duck, and stir-fried vegetables. The rich plum flavor combined with the perfect balance of sweetness and acidity makes this sauce a versatile and beloved addition to any meal.
Discover the Authentic Canadian Plum Sauce: A Delightful Culinary Delight
In Canada, plum sauce takes on a unique twist. Authentic Canadian plum sauce often includes additional ingredients such as ginger, garlic, and soy sauce. This variation adds layers of complexity to the flavor profile, making it an irresistible accompaniment to grilled meats and seafood. Don’t miss out on experiencing this delightful Canadian culinary delight.
Is Hoisin Sauce the Same as Plum Sauce? Unveiling the Differences!
While hoisin sauce and plum sauce may share some similarities, they are not the same condiment. Hoisin sauce, often used in Chinese cuisine, features a combination of soybean paste, garlic, vinegar, and spices. Plum sauce, on the other hand, is primarily made from plums, sugar, vinegar, and spices. The distinct flavors of both sauces make them suitable for different dishes, so be sure to have both on hand for your next Asian-inspired feast.
Ultimate Guide: Shelf Life of Homemade Plum Sauce in Fridge
Proper storage of homemade plum sauce is essential to maintain its freshness and quality. When stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, homemade plum sauce can last for up to 6 months. However, it is important to check for any signs of spoilage, such as mold or off smells, before consuming. Always use clean utensils when scooping out the sauce to prevent contamination.
List of Ingredients:
- 2 kg plums, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- In a large saucepan, combine plums, brown sugar, white vinegar, garlic, ginger, salt, and red chili flakes (if desired).
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1-2 hours, or until the plums have softened and the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and let the sauce cool slightly.
- Using a blender or immersion blender, puree the sauce until smooth.
- Transfer the sauce back to the saucepan and simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes to further thicken.
- Allow the sauce to cool completely before storing in sterilized jars or containers.
- Refrigerate and enjoy for up to 6 months!
Indulge in the flavors of Australia with this authentic Grandma’s Plum Sauce recipe. Whether you use it as a dipping sauce, glaze, or marinade, this homemade delight will elevate your dishes to new heights. Don’t settle for store-bought when you can have the real deal. Try it today and savor the taste of tradition!