Table of Contents
Green Chili Sauce Recipe | Easy Homemade Guide
Welcome to our easy homemade guide for making a delicious green chili sauce. This recipe will help you create a flavorful sauce that can be used as a condiment, a marinade, or a cooking ingredient. With a few simple steps, you’ll have a versatile sauce that adds a spicy kick to your dishes.
- 1 pound green chilies, stems and seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and chopped onion to the saucepan. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the green chilies to the saucepan and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the cumin powder, salt, and sugar to the saucepan. Stir well to combine the ingredients.
- Pour in the water and simmer the sauce for about 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the mixture cool slightly.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Once blended, return the sauce to the saucepan and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the sauce cool completely before storing it in a jar or airtight container in the refrigerator.
Discover the Ingredients of Authentic Green Chile Sauce
Authentic green chile sauce is made using fresh green chilies, garlic, onion, cumin powder, and other seasonings. The combination of these ingredients gives the sauce its unique and delicious flavor.
How Long Does Homemade Green Chili Sauce Last? Expert Tips
When stored properly in the refrigerator, homemade green chili sauce can last for up to 2 weeks. Make sure to use an airtight container to preserve its freshness.
Discover Alternatives to Green Chili Sauce
If you’re looking for alternatives to green chili sauce, you can try using salsa verde, jalapeno sauce, or even a homemade hot sauce. These options can provide a similar spicy flavor to enhance your dishes.
Ultimate Guide: Homemade Green Chili Sauce Shelf Life in Fridge
When stored in the refrigerator, homemade green chili sauce can last for up to 2 weeks. It’s important to check for any signs of spoilage before consuming the sauce past this timeframe.