Table of Contents
- and Nutritious Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- Enhance Your Spaghetti Sauce with These Amazing Tips
- Discover and Nutritious Spaghetti Sauces for a Healthy Lifestyle
- Homemade Spaghetti with Meat Sauce: Nutritional Value Explained
and Nutritious Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
Are you tired of store-bought spaghetti sauce that lacks flavor and freshness? Look no further! This homemade spaghetti sauce recipe is not only delicious but also packed with nutritious ingredients that will leave your taste buds satisfied and your body nourished.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (400g) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (200g) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, and sauté until fragrant.
- Add carrot, celery, and bell pepper, and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste.
- Season with dried basil, dried oregano, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer the sauce for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Adjust the seasoning according to your taste.
- Serve the homemade spaghetti sauce over cooked pasta of your choice.
Enhance Your Spaghetti Sauce with These Amazing Tips
Looking to take your homemade spaghetti sauce to the next level? Try incorporating these tips to add richness and depth of flavor:
Add Red Wine
For a sophisticated twist, deglaze the saucepan with a splash of red wine before adding the vegetables. The wine will enhance the flavors and give your sauce a luxurious taste.
Slow Cook the Sauce
If you have the time, let the sauce simmer on low heat for a few hours. This slow cooking process will intensify the flavors and result in a rich and velvety sauce.
Use Fresh Herbs
Instead of dried herbs, opt for fresh ones like basil, oregano, and parsley. The vibrant flavors of fresh herbs will elevate your spaghetti sauce to new heights.
Discover and Nutritious Spaghetti Sauces for a Healthy Lifestyle
Spaghetti sauce doesn’t have to be heavy and calorie-laden. Explore these nutritious variations to enjoy a guilt-free pasta experience:
Roasted Vegetable Sauce
Toss your favorite vegetables in olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and roast until tender. Blend the roasted vegetables with tomato sauce to create a flavorful and healthy spaghetti sauce.
White Bean and Kale Sauce
Sauté kale with garlic and onion until wilted. Puree cooked white beans with vegetable broth and combine with the sautéed kale. This creamy and nutritious sauce is a great alternative to traditional tomato-based sauces.
Homemade Spaghetti with Meat Sauce: Nutritional Value Explained
Adding lean ground meat, such as turkey or chicken, to your homemade spaghetti sauce can boost its nutritional value. Meat is a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals that are essential for a balanced diet. However, be mindful of portion sizes and opt for leaner cuts to keep the sauce healthy and low in saturated fat.