If you’re looking for a healthy and easy-to-make dish, this delicious kale avocado salad recipe is the perfect choice. Packed with nutrients and bursting with flavor, this salad is a great addition to any meal. Whether you’re a fan of kale or trying it for the first time, this recipe will surely impress your taste buds.
Table of Contents
- 2 cups fresh kale leaves, washed and chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the kale, avocado, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat all the ingredients.
- Let the salad sit for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve and enjoy!
Does Lemon Juice Soften Kale? Discover the Truth
Contrary to popular belief, lemon juice does not soften kale leaves. While lemon juice can add a tangy flavor to the salad, it doesn’t have a tenderizing effect on kale. To make the kale leaves more tender, it’s best to massage them with olive oil or dress the salad in advance and let it sit for some time.
How Long is Leftover Kale Salad Good For? | Expert Advice
Leftover kale salad can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, it’s important to note that the salad may become slightly wilted and lose its freshness over time. To maintain its crispness, it’s recommended to store the dressing separately and toss it with the salad just before serving.
Raw Kale in Salads: A Nutritious and Addition
Raw kale is a nutritious and delicious addition to salads. It’s rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, making it a great choice for a healthy meal. When paired with other fresh ingredients like avocado, cherry tomatoes, and feta cheese, raw kale adds a delightful crunch and a burst of flavor.
Easy Techniques to Soften Raw Kale for Salads
If you prefer a softer texture for your kale in salads, here are a few easy techniques to try:
- Massage the kale: Rubbing the kale leaves with olive oil for a few minutes can help break down the fibers and soften the texture.
- Marinate the kale: Tossing the kale with the dressing and letting it sit for at least 15 minutes before serving can help tenderize the leaves.
- Blanch the kale: Briefly blanching the kale leaves in boiling water for about 1 minute, then immediately transferring them to an ice bath, can help reduce the bitterness and soften the texture.
With these techniques, you can enjoy a delicious kale avocado salad with a texture that suits your preference.