Table of Contents
- Authentic Lexington BBQ Recipe: Smoky Goodness from the South
- Authentic Lexington Barbecue: A Delicious Dive into the Making Process
Authentic Lexington BBQ Recipe: Smoky Goodness from the South
Lexington BBQ, also known as Lexington-style barbecue, is a traditional barbecue style hailing from the southern region of Lexington, North Carolina. This mouthwatering recipe brings together the perfect blend of smoky flavors and tender meat, resulting in a BBQ experience that will leave you craving for more.
- 1 whole pork shoulder
- 2 cups of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- In a bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and salt. Mix well to create the barbecue sauce.
- Preheat your smoker to 225°F (107°C).
- Prepare the pork shoulder by trimming off excess fat and applying a generous amount of the barbecue sauce all over the meat. Allow it to marinate for at least 1 hour, or overnight for maximum flavor.
- Place the marinated pork shoulder on the smoker and let it cook for approximately 1 hour per pound, or until the internal temperature reaches 195°F (90°C).
- During the cooking process, baste the pork shoulder with the remaining barbecue sauce every hour to enhance the flavors and keep the meat moist.
- Once the pork shoulder reaches the desired internal temperature, remove it from the smoker and let it rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing.
- Serve the sliced pork shoulder with additional barbecue sauce on the side and enjoy the authentic smoky goodness of Lexington-style BBQ!
Authentic Lexington Barbecue: A Delicious Dive into the Making Process
Dive into the making process of authentic Lexington barbecue and discover the rich history and flavors behind this iconic southern dish. From the slow smoking technique to the secret spice blends, this article unveils the key elements that make Lexington-style BBQ truly one-of-a-kind.
Discover the Authentic Flavors of Lexington Style Barbeque
Explore the unique flavors that define Lexington-style barbecue and learn why it has become a beloved culinary tradition in the South. From the tangy vinegar-based sauce to the tender and smoky meat, each bite of Lexington BBQ is a flavor explosion that will transport you to the heart of North Carolina.
Eastern vs Lexington BBQ: Unraveling the Smoky Secrets
Unravel the smoky secrets behind the rivalry between Eastern and Lexington-style BBQ. Learn about the differences in cooking techniques, sauce variations, and regional preferences that set these two styles apart. Discover which style reigns supreme and why it’s a matter of personal taste.
The Origins of Lexington Style BBQ: Unraveling Its Authenticity
Delve into the origins of Lexington-style BBQ and uncover the fascinating history behind its creation. From its humble beginnings in roadside pits to its widespread popularity today, learn about the pioneers and cooking traditions that have shaped this authentic barbecue style.