Table of Contents
BBQ Sauce-Free Little Smokies Recipe | Easy and Tasty
Looking for a quick and tasty appetizer for your next gathering? This delicious BBQ sauce-free Little Smokies recipe is sure to be a hit! With a perfect blend of flavors and a touch of smokiness, these bite-sized sausages are irresistible. The best part? This recipe is super easy to make, requiring just a few simple ingredients.
- 1 package of Little Smokies sausages
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, for a spicy kick)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper (if using), salt, and black pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Add the Little Smokies sausages to the saucepan and toss them gently to coat them evenly with the sauce.
- Cook the sausages over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes, or until they are heated through and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Transfer the sausages to a serving platter and serve them warm with toothpicks for easy snacking.
To complement the flavors of these delicious BBQ sauce-free Little Smokies, consider serving them with some tasty dipping sauces like honey mustard, sweet chili sauce, or a tangy barbecue sauce. They also pair well with a refreshing coleslaw or a side of crispy French fries.
- To thicken the sauce even further, you can simmer it for a few extra minutes before adding the sausages. This will intensify the flavors and create a stickier coating.
- If you prefer a sweeter sauce, you can increase the amount of brown sugar or add a touch of honey.
- For an extra smoky flavor, you can sprinkle some liquid smoke over the sausages before adding them to the saucepan.
Little Smokies Recipes:
Looking for more ways to enjoy Little Smokies? Check out these easy cooking tips and techniques for creating other delicious recipes with these bite-sized sausages:
Do Little Smokies Need to be Cooked? | Expert Insights
Yes, Little Smokies sausages do need to be cooked before consuming. While they are pre-cooked, heating them through ensures that they are safe to eat and enhances their taste. Cooking them in the flavorful BBQ sauce as in this recipe adds an extra layer of deliciousness.