Table of Contents
Filipino-Style Macaroni Chicken Salad Recipe
Are you craving a creamy and flavorful macaroni salad with a Filipino twist? Look no further! This Filipino-Style Macaroni Chicken Salad recipe will satisfy your taste buds and leave you wanting more. Made with tender chicken, al dente macaroni, and a combination of vegetables, this salad is perfect for any occasion.
- 2 cups cooked macaroni
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked macaroni, chicken, pineapple chunks, carrots, green peas, raisins, and grated cheese.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and condensed milk until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the macaroni mixture and toss gently to coat everything evenly.
- Refrigerate the salad for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Before serving, give the salad a final toss and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Quick Fixes for Common Issues:
If you find that your macaroni salad is dry, try adding more mayonnaise and condensed milk to achieve the desired creaminess. Remember to adjust the seasoning accordingly.
Expert Tips for Flavorful Delight:
- Add a dash of calamansi juice to give your macaroni salad a tangy twist.
- Include chopped pickles for an extra burst of flavor.
- For a touch of sweetness, sprinkle some sugar or use sweetened condensed milk.
- Garnish with chopped fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro for added freshness.
With this ultimate guide to Filipino macaroni salad, you now have everything you need to create a delicious and crowd-pleasing dish. Enjoy!