This delicious mozzarella pasta salad recipe is quick and easy to make, perfect for a light lunch or side dish. The combination of fresh mozzarella, pasta, and a variety of vegetables creates a flavorful and refreshing salad that is sure to please. Follow these simple steps to prepare this delightful dish.
Table of Contents
- 2 cups cooked pasta (any variety)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked pasta, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, mozzarella cheese, red onion, and fresh basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Before serving, give the salad a final toss and adjust the seasoning if needed.
5 Pasta Salad Mistakes to Avoid: Expert Tips for Perfect Results
1. Overcooking the pasta: Be sure to cook the pasta al dente to prevent it from becoming mushy in the salad.
2. Not rinsing the pasta: Rinse the cooked pasta under cold water to stop the cooking process and remove excess starch.
3. Using too much dressing: Start with a small amount of dressing and gradually add more as needed. You don’t want the salad to be overly saturated.
4. Forgetting to season: Taste the salad before serving and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary.
5. Not letting the flavors meld: Allow the salad to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving to let the flavors meld together.
Perfect Pairing: Mozzarella’s Harmony in Pasta
Mozzarella cheese adds a creamy and tangy flavor to pasta salads, perfectly complementing the fresh vegetables and dressing. Its mild taste pairs well with a variety of ingredients, making it a versatile choice for pasta salads.
Best Pasta for Pasta Salad: Expert Tips for the Perfect Dish
When choosing pasta for a pasta salad, opt for shapes that can hold the dressing and other ingredients well. Fusilli, penne, and rotini are great choices as their ridges and curves help capture the flavors. Avoid using delicate pasta varieties like angel hair, as they may become too soft and break apart.
Caprese Pasta Salad Recipe: Ingredients and Preparation Guide
For a twist on the classic mozzarella pasta salad, try making a delicious caprese version. Follow the same preparation steps, but replace the cherry tomatoes with fresh diced tomatoes and add some balsamic glaze for extra flavor.