Beetroot, Pumpkin and Pecan Salad
This colourful salad is perfect for entertaining and can accompany almost any dish or even be the star of the table! It’s packed full of beautiful, fresh ingredients and can be customised to suit your taste and preferences.
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 20min
- Cooking Time: 10min
- Total Time: 30min
- 250 grams Fresh spinach leaves
- 250 grams Fresh rocket leaves
- 3 medium sized beetroots (roasted, skinned and diced) (You can use tinned, but freshly roasted beetroot is amazing!)
- 200 grams jap pumpkin (diced and roasted)
- 150 grams smooth feta cheese (goats cheese is also a great choice)
- 10 grams pecans (Try our Citrus Maple Roasted Pecan recipe to add some extra flavour)
- Preheat oven to 180°. Wrap your beetroots in foil with the skin on and cook for 1 hour.
- Cube your pumpkin into 3cm chunks. Throw in a bowl, mix in some Extra Virgin Olive oil and salt and pepper to taste, stir thoroughly and then spread across a roasting tray covered with baking paper. Cook for 20-30 minutes, or until you see some nice browning.
- After an hour, pull your beetroots out of the oven and unwrap them. They are very easy to skin while still hot, so hold a beetroot with a pair of tongs and with a teaspoon, gently pry under the skin with the inner side of the spoon facing the beetroot. Gently slide the spoon around the surface of the beetroot to peel. Easy as that!
- Wash your spinach and rocket leaves and dump them in the dish you’ll be serving in.
- Cut or crumble your feta over the greens.
- Once the roasted ingredients have cooled throw it all in the bowl.
- Finish with the pecans on top! (seriously, consider some of the Maple Roasted Pecans from our shop, or the citrus maple roasted pecan recipe on our recipes page!)
This salad is a beautiful combination of flavour and colour. Try orange juice based vinaigrette – the combination of the sweetness and the tart citrus will tie the flavours of the salad together perfectly!