Chocolate Pecan CrunchPrint Share
This little slice is packed full of protein and healthy fats. It will keep you going all day as a mid morning snack, pre gym work out boost or as a healthy indulgence.
- Servings: 30
- Prep Time: 15min
- Cooking Time: Refrigeration 120min
- Total Time: 15min
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 2 cups water keifr - optional for soaking Soaking pecans for 12 hours in water kefir will activate the pecans, making nutrient uptake easier for the body. It also releases the natural sweetness of the pecan removing any need for any kind of sweetness.
- 1 cup nut butter We use our pecan butter recipe or you can use almond or macadamia butter
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut shredded or desiccated
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1 tsp salt We use Himalayan rock salt, Murry River pink salt is a good alternative
- 1/2 vanilla bean pod Split open and run a knife down the bean to extract the sticky seeds. Use the seeds not pod. Vanilla powder is a good alternative.
- 5 drops wild orange essential oil, food grade or to taste
- 1/3 cup raw cocao powder
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut cream Tip: Open can of coconut cream and set in the fridge for 1 hour, spoon out set cream off the top. Allow to warm to room temperature before using
- 2 tsp sweetener or your choice You can leave this out if you wish
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Drain pecans if soaked in water kefir
- Place pecans in food processor and process until a meal is formed, add nut butter, cocao powder, coconut oil and process until combined.
- Add all other remaining ingredients and process until combined.
- Taste, If you would like it a little sweeter add 2tsp of honey or maple syrup.
- If following a Keto eating plan add 1 tsp of monk fruit extract.
- Line a slice tray with a silicon baking parchment.
- Place mix into slice tray and press out evenly. TIP: Place a layer of cling wrap over the mix and flatten the cling wrap with your hands. This will stop your hands from getting sticky.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
- Combine ingredients in food processor and drizzle onto set slice or pour on for a top layer. Tip: A sandwich bag filled with topping makes a great piping bag for latticing.
- Return to fridge to set.
Cut, serve and best of all share.
Will keep stored in the fridge for 3 weeks.