Seed & Pecan Crackers
A perfect healthy snack on the go, lunchbox treat or use as crackers on a cheese platter.
- Servings: 20
- Prep Time: 25min
- Cooking Time: 60min
- Total Time: 85min
- 1 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed kernels
- 1/2 cup linseeds
- 1/2 cup raw pecan meal
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
Raw pecan meal
- Place raw pecans into a food processor and blitz until a meal is formed. The biggest thing you want to lookout for is not over-processing the pecans. If you blend for too long they will become creamy and turn into pecan butter. You’re likely only going to need to blend for 10-15 seconds maximum unless your blender is not the greatest. Just pulse a few extra times if your flour/meal is almost there but not quite.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl
- Set aside, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until water is absorbed
- Preheat the oven to 160c conventional or 140c fan forced
- Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper
- Press the pecan & seed mixture evenly to form a thin a thin layer in each tray
- Bake for 1 hour or until golden
- Cool and break into large pieces and store in an airtight container
We suggest playing with flavour, try adding some Spiced Pecan Dukkah, garlic, rosemary or chives.