Table of Contents
Traeger BBQ Ribs Recipe for Mouthwatering Results
Are you ready to take your BBQ game to the next level? Look no further than this mouthwatering Traeger BBQ Ribs recipe. These ribs are tender, juicy, and packed with flavor. Get your Traeger grill fired up and let’s get cooking!
- 2 racks of pork ribs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat your Traeger grill to 225°F (107°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, paprika, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper to create a dry rub.
- Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs and generously coat both sides of the racks with the dry rub.
- Place the ribs on the preheated grill, bone side down, and smoke for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, brush the ribs with BBQ sauce and wrap them tightly in aluminum foil.
- Return the wrapped ribs to the grill and cook for an additional 2 hours.
- Remove the foil from the ribs and brush them with more BBQ sauce.
- Increase the grill temperature to 275°F (135°C) and cook the ribs for another 30 minutes, or until they reach your desired tenderness.
- Once done, remove the ribs from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Moist Rib Tips: Mastering Traeger Grilling for Juicy Results
Tip 1: To ensure juicy ribs, be sure to remove the membrane from the back of the ribs before applying the dry rub. This allows the flavors to penetrate the meat more effectively.
Tip 2: Wrapping the ribs in aluminum foil during the cooking process helps to trap moisture and create a tender, melt-in-your-mouth texture.
Enhance Your Rib Recipes: Pro Tips for Unforgettable Flavor!
Tip 1: Experiment with different wood pellets to add unique flavors to your ribs. Hickory, apple, and mesquite are popular choices.
Tip 2: Basting the ribs with BBQ sauce during the last stages of cooking adds a sticky, caramelized glaze that enhances the overall taste.
The Ultimate Guide: Unveiling the Secret to Juicy Ribs
Tip 1: Maintaining a consistent temperature is crucial for achieving juicy ribs. Invest in a reliable meat thermometer to monitor the internal temperature throughout the cooking process.
Tip 2: Letting the ribs rest for a few minutes after cooking allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in a more flavorful and tender eating experience.
Expert Tips: Keeping Ribs Moist in a Pellet Smoker
Tip 1: Place a water pan in your pellet smoker to create a humid environment, preventing the ribs from drying out.
Tip 2: Spritz the ribs with apple juice or a vinegar-based solution every hour to keep them moist and add extra flavor.