Summer is the perfect time to fire up the grill and enjoy some delicious barbecued chicken. This Australian Whole BBQ Chicken recipe is sure to impress your family and friends at your next backyard gathering. The combination of juicy meat and crispy skin will leave everyone wanting more!
Table of Contents
- Top Tips for Juicy BBQ Chicken: How to Keep it Moist on the Grill
- Crispy BBQ Chicken Skin: Master the Art of Grilling
- The Ultimate Guide: Discover the Secret to Perfectly Grilled Chicken
- To Cover or Not to Cover: Grilling Chicken Tips
Top Tips for Juicy BBQ Chicken: How to Keep it Moist on the Grill
- Marinate the Chicken: Before grilling, marinate the chicken in a flavorful mixture of herbs, spices, and olive oil. This will help to infuse the meat with delicious flavors and keep it moist.
- Brine the Chicken: If you have the time, consider brining the chicken before grilling. A simple brine solution of water, salt, and sugar will help to lock in moisture and enhance the natural flavors.
- Grill with Indirect Heat: To ensure juicy chicken, grill it using the indirect heat method. This means placing the chicken away from direct flames or heat sources. This allows the chicken to cook slowly and evenly, resulting in tender meat.
Crispy BBQ Chicken Skin: Master the Art of Grilling
- Preheat the Grill: Start by preheating your grill to medium-high heat. This will help to create a crispy skin.
- Dry the Chicken: Before grilling, pat the chicken dry with paper towels. This will remove any excess moisture and allow the skin to crisp up.
- Oil the Chicken: Brush the chicken with a thin layer of oil. This will help to prevent sticking and promote even browning.
- Grill with Direct Heat: For crispy skin, grill the chicken over direct heat for the last few minutes of cooking. This will help to achieve that delicious charred exterior.
The Ultimate Guide: Discover the Secret to Perfectly Grilled Chicken
Grilling chicken to perfection requires some essential steps. Follow these tips for the best results:
1. Preparing the Chicken:
Clean the chicken: Remove any giblets or excess fat from the cavity and rinse the chicken under cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
Season the chicken: Rub the chicken inside and out with your favorite seasoning blend. Make sure to season under the skin as well for extra flavor.
2. Preheating the Grill:
Preheat the grill: Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. This will ensure even cooking and help to prevent sticking.
3. Grilling the Chicken:
Place the chicken on the grill: Carefully place the seasoned chicken on the preheated grill, breast-side up.
Cook the chicken: Grill the chicken for approximately 15 minutes per pound, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) when measured with a meat thermometer.
Baste the chicken: During grilling, baste the chicken with your favorite barbecue sauce or marinade to add extra flavor and moisture.
To Cover or Not to Cover: Grilling Chicken Tips
- Cover the grill: If you prefer a smokier flavor, consider covering the grill while cooking the chicken. This will help to infuse the meat with a delicious smoky taste.
- Avoid constant flipping: Flipping the chicken too often can cause the skin to stick and tear. Flip the chicken only once or twice during the cooking process.
- Rest the chicken: After grilling, let the chicken rest for about 5-10 minutes before carving. This allows the juices to redistribute and ensures a juicy and tender result.
Follow these tips and you’ll be able to enjoy a perfectly grilled Australian Whole BBQ Chicken with juicy meat and crispy skin. It’s the ultimate summer grilling recipe that will impress everyone!